We constantly discuss how devoted and protective dogs are. But we overlook the dog owners, who would go to any length to keep their dogs safe. There are a lot of these amazing people out there and that includes Cassandra Alaire of Atlanta.
Cassandra and her partner were experiencing financial difficulties and were living in an RV without running water or power. They don’t have children, but they definitely adore their two dogs.
Cassandra’s boyfriend took one of their dogs on a walk one day. Cassandra returned to their bed and fell asleep where she was accompanied by her chihuahua named Little.
The woman was awoken after a while by the sound of cracking and popping. When the half-awake lady opened her eyes, she saw that the room was beginning to fill with thick, dark smoke. The woman was definitely surprised but quickly regained her calm.
Her immediate thought was to put out the flames. She was aware that the RV was equipped with a pair of fire extinguishers. She charged them, barreling into the smoke. Regrettably, neither of the fire extinguishers worked.
She then turned to look around and discovered Little had not followed her outside. She examined the dog’s lone exit and realized that there was no way out as flames were already bordering the door. Nonetheless, she returned inside, covering her head with her arms.
She screamed out the dog’s name through the dense smoke. She rummaged about and discovered the terrified canine huddled beneath a cushion. She hurriedly snatched up her cherished pet and dashed back through the flames.
Firefighters and emergency medical personnel came shortly afterwards. Cassandra received treatment for minor burns on her back. Her pet sustained a minor burn to the ear but was otherwise uninjured.
Later, firefighters discovered that the fire was started by a candle.
The couple and their dogs are rebuilding their lives and have established a GoFundMe page to assist them.
Source: WSB-TV Atlanta 2