We’ve encountered countless stories about pets who eased into becoming so precious to their owners that treating them like family. This story may seem like one of those, but the lengths that the owner was willing to go through was genuinely remarkable to ensure that his best friend is taken out of harm’s way.
Randy and Gemini are the epitome of best buddies. Randy got Gemini when he was still a tiny pup, and from then they have been inseparable. The two bonded so well, and it’s obvious how much they adore each other.
Things started to worry Randy when one day Gemini got very sick. His only recollection of the events leading to this was a playdate with his girlfriend and her daughter. The baby girl was playing fetch with Gemini using her feeding bottle when unfortunately he chipped a portion of the bottle and swallowed it. He stopped eating, felt very weak and started throwing up immediately after.
Troubled of what was going on, Randy took him to the vet. The vets were, unfortunately, able to give an accurate assessment of what is causing his condition. He got so focused with Gemini that he ended up losing his job, but he’s determined not to give up on him. Thankfully, one vet has pinpointed the reason for his sickness – the portion of the bottle he swallowed is causing a blockage causing him excruciating pain. But the procedure comes with a hefty cost, a whopping $4,000.
Randy, without any hesitation, immediately puts up his car for sale to get him the surgery he needed. His selfless act instantly caught the attention of so many prompting them to share his cause in social media. Didn’t take long before the Street outreach Animal Response took notice, and generously made a donation of $3,000. His luck didn’t end there; a friend also loaned him another $2,000.
Gemini is now on the road towards full recovery, while Randy is delighted to have both his best bud and his car back.